Friday, July 3, 2009

Chili Pepper Side Dish, Anyone?

I've been running for almost nine months now, and so far, I've never experience any hindering injuries like what other people are prone to such as intense muscle pains, shin splits, tendonitis and the likes.
Long before I got addicted to running, I'm into spicy food all my life. I even treat chilli peppers as my side dish during my lunches and dinners. I drooled over peppers especially if it is red.
The good thing is pepper has its share of tremendous health benefits to mankind. This could be the reason why I can recover quickly after every long distance run.
The freakish feeling while eating a jalapeno, habenero or labuyo comes directly from the food’s odorless and flavorless substance known as capsaicin and is concentrated to the pepper’s seed and ribs. This warlike and mighty substance pricks your taste receptor cells which yell at your brain to release body's natural pain killer- the endorphins. Thus, no need for synthetic drugs to drive your muscle or joints pain away. Study claims a daily dose of hot peppers lets people breathe easier, feel less pain and even lower their body fat.
Let me enumerate some other surprising facts based on laboratory claims:
1. Prevents sinus infection
2. Provide gastric relief
3. Has a unique ability to provoke prostate cancer cell's self-destruction.
4. Block pro-inflammatory chain reactions in the blood
5. Reduce nerve fibre swelling in the brain.
Whoa!, it is suffice to say that pepper treatment is similar to those of Aleve,Advil, Alaxan, Tylenol and Chemotherapy rolled into one except - this little red and green veggies has no freaking side effects in improving human conditions.
So if you want it hot all the time, just like running keep practicing eating peppers and one day you’ll start craving and drooling for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment