Thursday, July 2, 2009

There Must Be Reasons...

Reasons why I run

1. To be healthy - I'm a married man. I no longer own my body.My wife uses it all the time like what she does to her iPod... iRun,iEat,iWalk,iDrink,iNamamalengke,iLinis-bahay,iPlantsa,iLaundry,iLuto Ay naku..hirap pag nag asawa na..It pays to be healthy lalo na kapag buntis ang asawa and you are now expecting it very soon. Bawal magkasakit.

2. I just want to shed off the usual expectation that if you get married,the more chances of you of having a beer belly. In short,"mukhang tatay" or they usually comment : "tatay na tatay ka na pare!".

3. Running is less expensive than going to the gym. All you need is a safe road and a good pair of shoes that matches the shape of your feet.

4. I never excel in any kind of group sport like basketball,volleyball and badminton. In fact, i'd like to go solo all the time. I used to be a gymnast during my elementary days and even joined an inter-school competition in the our province. I've been quite popular among the kids in the neighborhood because of my unusual somersaults,backdives,jumping and diving. I used to consider being a Ninja as a career when I grew up. Well,I forgot everything about it when I reached high school. I just hate to impress the girls with those antics.
I found singing and playing guitar more appealing. During those days,before e-heads became a fad,I was the only one in the campus who carry a guitar on his back most of the time. Since then, I was known to be the guy who just know how to play the guitar. I overheard once: "Ah si Running Pepper,yung nasa Special Section, yung naggitara?..oo,kilala ko yun,magaling yun", one of may fans and who happened to be my bestfriend,said.

5. I think I'm into individual sports like gymnastics, boxing or martial arts. And the holiest of them all --Running!.

No comments:

Post a Comment